Teri Hatcher or Teri Lynn Hatcher was born in Palo Alto, California, and grow up in Sunnyvale, California. Her father Owen Hatcher,an electrical engineer and her mother Esther Hatcher, a computer scientist. She is the only child. Hatcher attended school in Mango Junior High (today known as Sunnyvale Middle School), Fremont High School in Sunnyvale and De Anza College in Cupertino.
On March 2006 Hatcher revealed to Vanity Fair that she was allegedly sexually abused from the age of 5 by Richard Hayes Stone, her uncle and later divorced by her aunt. Her parents, were unaware of the abuse at that time. In 2002, she assisted Santa Clara County prosecutors in indicting Stone for more recent molestation that led his female victim to commit suicide at the age of 14. Stone pleaded guilty to four counts of molestation and was sentenced to 14 years in prison. In an interview in Vanity Fair, Hatcher said she told the prosecutors about her own abuse because she was haunted by thoughts of the 14-year-old girl who shot herself, and she feared Stone might escape conviction.Her Careers
* As a young girl taking ballet lessons at the San Juan Girls' Ballet Studio in downtown Los Altos,California.
* One of her early jobs (in 1984) was as a cheerleader with the San Francisco 49ers.
* Hatcher co-starring role in 1993, with Dean Cain, in Lois and Clark. Her role proved to be the best move to gain the attention of audiences, and one role she had most fallen in love with. While probably most noted for playing Lois Lane in the TV series Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1993-1997).
* Hatcher also appeared in feature films such as Spy Kids (2001), the 1997 James Bond film Tomorrow Never Dies, Dead in the Water (1991), 2 Days in the Valley (1996), and Heaven's Prisoners (1996).
* In 1997, Hatcher voted "Sexiest Woman in the World" by the readers of FHM.
* Hatcher beat four other actresses for the lead role on ABC's Desperate Housewives, on which she stars as single mother Susan Mayer, a role for which she won the Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy Golden Globe Award in January 2005. In 2005, Hatcher also won the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) award in the same category. In July 2005, she was nominated for an Emmy Award as Best Actress in a Comedy Series for the same role, along with co-stars Marcia Cross and Felicity Huffman, who won the award.
* As of April 2006, Hatcher is one of the highest paid television actresses in the United States. She reportedly earns $380,000 per episode of Desperate Housewives. In May 2006, she released her first book, Burnt Toast: And Other Philosophies of Life. In conjunction with the book, she has also launched a line of apparel and merchandise. Furthermore she is prominently featured in an international campaign for Repeat Cashmere...
Labels: lois lane, teri hatcher